The Langara Family YMCA serves more than 14,000 people each year, and we have been a part of the community since we opened in 1978. But this aging facility requires an upgrade in order to meet the needs of the growing community. We are currently working with Vancouver Coastal Health and the City of Vancouver to build a new and more modern facility as part of the Pearson Dogwood development. To learn more about the work done by the City to date, please visit the City of Vancouver's website.
The Pearson Dogwood development site is ideally located along the Canada Line train and the Cambie Corridor where people can live, work, shop and play within their own neighbourhood. The YMCA hopes to be the Centre of Community for the South Vancouver area.
We imagine a Vancouver in which:
- All children and youth are happier and have a higher healthy life expectancy than their parents.
- People know their neighbourhood, respect diversity and social inclusion, and thrive on a sense of belonging.
- We share a sense of social responsibility within our community by working together.
- Families thrive and reach their full potential.
- People experience better health in spirit, mind and body.
To learn more about the YMCA project in South Vancouver, please contact: