Posted 12/04/2018 1:21:02 PM by Sarah Miller
With so many ways to be active around the YMCA, it’s hard to pick something new to try. Take our 5 Days 5 Ways quiz to help you decide! Pick the answer that most suits you:
The Summer Olympic sport I would be most likely to compete in is:
- 100 metre dash
The Winter Olympic sport I would be least likely to compete in is:
- Figure skating
- Ski Jumping
- Freestyle skiing
My fitness spirit animal is:
I track my fitness:
- In a notebook.
- By making a mental note.
- My Fitbit is connected to Strava, which connects to MyFitnessPal app.
- By how well I'm doing against my competitors.
- By how sweaty I get during my workout.
When I go to the gym, my first thought is:
- "Where are the free weights?"
- "I’m ready to jump in the pool!"
- "Those treadmills next to the window look inviting."
- "What time is open gym?"
- "What drop-in classes are available today?"
When I’m feeling unmotivated for fitness, I need to…
- Give myself a motivational speech like Coach Taylor.
- Remember that I’ll feel better when I get there.
- Make sure I eat the right meal in the morning.
- Treat myself to a reward afterwards.
- See the faces of others to keep me going!
Before my vacation:
- I make sure I eat right and hit the gym as much as I can.
- I already go to the gym on a regular basis, so I don’t change anything.
- I try to find some extra time for the gym.
- Hey, it’s just a vacation. Why feel stressed out?
- I’ll go to the gym as long as it’s fun.
My favourite gym music is:
- Rock n' Roll dude!
- I’m really more of a podcast person.
- Doesn’t everyone listen to the Spice Girls?
- Anything with a good beat!
When I watch Netflix:
- I try to pace myself with only one episode per day
- My favourite part is scrolling through the menu and adding shows to my list. Who has time to watch them?
- I like to know what everyone else is watching.
- I miss going to Blockbuster video.
- I binge until it asks me if I'm still watching.
My biggest fear is:
- Balloon animals
- Running out of coffee
- My cell phone dying
Add up your points!
If you scored between 10-21: Try a strength building activity: Ask a Fitness Team staff member to show you how to use some of the equipment or to safely use the free weights.
If you scored between 22-28: Try an aquatics activity: Make some waves! Try an aquafit class or just do some laps in the pool.
If you scored between 29-35: Try a cardio class: Ramp up your workout! We have drop-in classes such as cycle fit, bootcamp or even cardio kick-boxing.
If you scored between 36-42: Try a sports and recreation activity: Aim high! Drop in for some basketball, volleyball, badminton or table tennis.
If you scored between 43-50: Try a group fitness activity: Get motivated with others! There’s yoga, pilates, bootcamp and even Zumba ®.
Just a reminder you can try all 5 activities with your YMCA membership. Check out the fitness schedules to find times and activities close to you.