Posted 03/12/2018 5:27:11 PM by Carollyne Wood
Support families and individuals in our community with the Holiday Giving Tree and YMCA Strong Kids Silent Auction!
There are two very exciting ways to give back to your YMCA Community this holiday season.
Holiday Giving Tree
This December, the Holiday Giving Tree will be returning to your local YMCA. The Holiday Giving Tree will offer ways to support families and individuals reach their potential. Consider donating so people of all ages can participate in important YMCA programs that improve health, reduce social isolation and develop important life skills.
How to Give
- Visit any local YMCA membership centre and take an ornament from the table beside the Holiday Giving Tree. This ornament will describe what you would like to donate.
- Bring your ornaments to the membership desk to complete your donation. Donating on behalf of friends or family? Be sure to ask for a certificate you can give to them to let them know you have donated in their honour.
Strong Kids Silent Auction
This year we are hosting two auctions in support of the YMCA Strong Kids Campaign. All funds raised from the silent auction will go directly to eliminating financial barries for the life-changing programs and services that the YMCA provides. Some highlights of the items that will be offered include:
- Hanging light fixture from BOCCI (retail value of $1725)
- $100 Gift Certificate for Body Energy Club
- One night's accomodation at the Sutton Place Vancouver ($500 value)
- Book package from Indigo
- Beauty Baskets from Shoppers Drug Mart
How to Participate
When: December 10th to 16th
Where: https://www.ebay.ca/usr/ymcaofgreatervancouver (Just follow this link! The auction will go live on December 10th)
What: The amazing items listed above and more! All donations raised will go directly to the YMCA Strong Kids Campaign
Robert Lee YMCA Live Auction
When: December 13th from 3 p.m 7 p.m.
Where: Robert Lee YMCA Atrium (955 Burrard St, Vancouver)
What: A live auction featuring the amazing items listed above and more! All donations raised will go directly to the YMCA Strong Kids Campaign
Thank you for your generosity. Let the spirit of giving begin!
Did you know?
The YMCA is a charity and believes everyone deserves the opportunity to live healthier, happier lives regardless of financial circumstances. Our goal is to eliminate financial barriers and provide as many people as possible with the opportunity to participate in YMCA community programs and services. That's why we raise funds through the YMCA Annual Campaign so that we can provide financial assistance directly to people who need it most— children, families, men, women and seniors who otherwise wouldn't be able to participate.
In previous years, the YMCA was able to provide 12,647 people with the financial assistance they needed to reach their potential. Learn more about the YMCA Annual Campaign.