Posted 16/02/2018 4:54:13 PM by Gordon Goldsmith
Many of the YMCA’s physical activity and artistic programs may be eligible for the Children’s Fitness and Arts Tax Credits. Each of the fitness and arts tax credits is a provincial non-refundable, personal tax credit of up to $1,000 per child (under the age of 16 years). You can claim a maximum of $500 of eligible fees per child for the Child Fitness Tax Credit and $500 of eligible fees per child for the Child Arts Tax Credit. These credits may be claimed for the 2017 calendar year by parents who have registered their child in an eligible program of physical activity or an artistic, cultural, recreational or developmental activity.
If the YMCA has your e-mail address, we will e-mail your receipt to you for the purpose of claiming any eligible program expenses by the end of February. If we don’t have your e-mail address, please contact:
- Your YMCA membership centre
- Camps office and child care offices at 604-294-9622
Please note that we will only email membership receipts to you. For course purchases, parents need to use the course receipts they receive when they have paid and registered throughout 2017. If these receipts have not been kept, a reprint can be requested by contacting the locations listed above.
• Payments must have been made in 2017. Programs that were paid for during the 2016 calendar year and a portion or the entire program was not delivered until 2017 are not eligible.
• Your child must be under 16 years of age or your child with a disability must be under 18 years of age at the beginning of 2017.
• Program must be a minimum of eight consecutive weeks. For camps, programs must be five consecutive days.
• Receipts received following payment for eligible 2018 programs can be used for next year’s personal tax credit claim. Please keep receipts on file for these purposes.
• For more information on the children’s arts tax credit, go to:
Programs that may be eligible for the 2017 Children’s Fitness and Arts Tax Credits
Aquafit - Baby & Me
Arts & Dance - Youth
Home Learners PE
Martial Arts including: Tae Kwon Do, Aikido, Karate Volleyball - Youth
YMCA Action Kids
Barracudas/Mini Barracudas Swim Club
Learn to Swim - Otter, Seal, Dolphin, Swimmer & Teen
L’il Dippers - Preschool, Bobber, Floater, Glider, Diver, Surfer & Dipper
Parent & Tot Swim - Splasher & Bubbler
Star 1, 2, 3 , 4, 5, 6
may be eligible for the fitness credit and/or the arts credit Camp Elphinstone Day Camp fees = 90% eligible; Residential Camp fees = 75% eligible
Day Camp - Camp Elphinstone
First Tee Camp
Outdoor Adventure Camps
Residential Camp - Camp Elphinstone
Spring Break Camps
Summer Break Camps (Burnaby, Chilliwack, Richmond, Surrey, Vancouver, Youth for Change)
Winter Break Camps
Child Arts Tax Credit
Youth Leadership Development including: Leaders in Training, Junior Leaders in Training & YMCA Youth Digital Media, Youth Leaders, etc.