Posted 03/01/2019 6:00:18 PM by Sarah Hillifer
On November 4th, members of the YMCA community participated in the RunVan Fall Classic at UBC.
This was the first year that runners were able to participate and raise funds for the YMCA of Greater Vancouver Strong Kids Campaign at both the BMO Vancouver Marathon and the Fall Classic.
In total, over $12,000 was raised for the YMCA Strong Kids Campaign which provides life-changing programs and services to families and individuals. One hundred percent of funds raised go directly back into the community, so every dollar donated goes to help someone in need.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank those people who fundraised for the YMCA, and their friends and family who donated. Thanks to your generous donation, children, seniors and families in need will be able to benefit from important Y programs that improve health, reduce social isolation and develop important skills.
If you are interested in participating in the 2019 BMO Vancouver Marathon on May 5th, and fundraising for the YMCA Strong Kids Campaign, here is everything you need to know!
1. Register as a Charity Runner for the Marathon, Half Marathon, Relay or 8KM over at https://bmovanmarathon.ca/run4hope.
2. Click on the event in which you wish to run, from the RED highlighted charity pricing.
3. While you sign-up, select YMCA of Greater Vancouver to join our team!
Important notes for charity runners:
- You receive 20 per cent off race registration once you fundraise $400.
- You will receive fundraising tools and support directly from the charity to help make your fundraising a success.
- After registering, you will receive a receipt of payment, plus an additional confirmation email which includes links to the charity fund raising pages.
Want to run with friends? Sign up for the charity relay and fundraise together!