Posted 08/11/2018 1:29:36 PM by Tanya Colaco
With over 70% of construction complete, the reopening of the Chilliwack Family YMCA is right around the corner! The new Chilliwack YMCA will be 36,700 square feet—25% bigger than the current one. On any given day there are 70-100 construction workers on site preparing the building for your arrival. With more space in our centre of community, we’ll be able to help even more people reach their full potential.
So, what has been done so far for the new Chilliwack YMCA? Here’s a quick update:
- The building envelope work is nearly complete. Construction crews are now turning their attention to the inside.
- Flooring systems are being installed throughout the facility.
- The pool retiling is 80% complete—almost there!
- Millwork and finishing carpentry work is well underway.
- Rooftop units have been tested and fired up.
- Glass walls have been installed in the fitness room and all hallways.
- The building now has power, gas and water.
- The elevator is up and running.
Of course, renovating the Chilliwack YMCA would not have been possible without our generous donors. If you would like to donate as well, please visit our What Really Matters donation page.
Stay tuned for more exciting updates! To learn more about this project and other upcoming ones, please visit our What Really Matters website.