Be healthy. Feel connected. Join the Y today! Whatever your health and fitness goals, when you join the Y community, you’ll find the support you need, and knowledgeable staff who can assess and guide you. We also offer fun classes, sports and activities for all ages and abilities. Our facilities feature gyms, pools and a wide variety of fitness equipment.
A YMCA membership also means giving back to your community. The YMCA is a charity and by becoming a member you’re helping to support local initiatives and build healthy communities.
Benefits of Membership
- No locked in contract
- Four locations across the lower mainland with swimming pools, fitness amenities and full gyms
- A free fitness consultation to get you started and expert staff to help you achieve your fitness goals
- Drop-in group fitness classes are included—chose from over 90 classes weekly
- Includes continuous swim lessons for all ages
- Programs for children, teens and adults at convenient times
- 10 guest passes per year for family and friends
- Child minding is available at convenient times helping you to make the most out of your membership while giving your kids a safe, fun place to play
- Hold your membership for up to 4 months at no charge
- Open 364 days a year; hours vary by location but centres open early and close late to meet members’ needs
- Access to YMCA membership centres across Greater Vancouver and Canada
The YMCA offers continuous swim lessons throughout the year. Once you've registered, the time slot is yours to keep even as your child moves to the next level. This approach enables swimmers to progress at their own pace within a group, and removes the need to re-register each session!
At the YMCA, it doesn’t matter what shape you’re in! You will find lots of enjoyable classes for all age groups and fitness levels, which will soon have you feeling great in more ways than you ever thought possible! Included in every membership are dozens of weekly drop-in classes such as Yoga, Aquafit, Strength & Cardio, Cycle, Dance Fitness, Express and Parent & Baby (links). Check with each of the membership centres for site-specific schedules.
Find a Health Management Program
At the YMCA, we want people to experience optimal health at every life stage. We are proud to offer a range of specialized health management programs for targeted populations living with one or more chronic diseases. Often offered in partnership with various community partners, programs like MEND, Healthy Heart, Youth Mindfulness Group or Choose to Move, offer participants access to experts, supervised activity, resources and a network of support.
Want some help? We have the expertise to help you succeed. Make an appointment for a free one-on-one fitness consultation with a highly qualified YMCA Personal Trainer. They will work with you to develop a customized plan that will help you achieve your goals in a safe and healthy way.
Did you know basketball was invented at the YMCA? In addition to adult drop-in basketball we offer YMCA Steve Nash Basketball League and YMCA Jr. NBA Basketball program for kids.