At the YMCA, we want to make getting healthy and active as fun as possible! Between swimming, shooting hoops, weight training and joining in on all our free group fitness classes, you’ll find endless fun for the whole family. See for yourself and experience our all-inclusive YMCA memberships with a free 2-week trial!
- No locked-in contracts
- Unlimted drop-in group fitness classes including Yoga, Cyclefit, Bootcamp and Aquafit
- Swim lessons for all ages
- Programs for children, teens and adults at convenient times
- Option to place your membership on hold for up to 16 weeks
- Access to all Canadian YMCAs when travelling
YMCA Teen Summer Membership
According to the 2018 ParticipACTION Report Card on Physical Activity for Children and Youth, Canadian kids aren’t active enough. Only 35% of 5- to 17- year-olds are reaching their recommended physical activity levels as outlined in the Canadian 24-Hour Movement Guidelines for Children and Youth. Canadian kids were given a letter grade of a D+ in overall physical activity. In addition, there is a growing body of evidence that indicates physical activity in childhood is essential for a healthy brain and leads to improved thinking and learning, attention and focus, stress management, ability to cope with anxiety and depressive symptoms, and much more.
The YMCA is taking action by offering a YMCA Teen Summer Membership for free to teens!
We encourage youth to get active and meet new friends in a safe and welcoming community this summer. The YMCA Teen Summer Membership is available for teens ages 13-18 from June 15th to August 31, 2019 at any of the four YMCA locations.
YMCA Teen Summer Members will have access to YMCA facilities and can:
- go swimming
- work out in the gym and on the weight floor*
- take a fitness class including yoga, pilates, bootcamp
- be with their friends in a safe and welcoming space
- enjoy all the benefits of YMCA teen membership - at no cost!
*Teens 15 and under must take a strength training orientation before entering the fitness floor. Parents or legal guardians must register their teens at the facility.
How to sign-up
To get involved, sign up at your closest YMCA membership desk or call:
Langara Family YMCA: 604-324-9622
Robert Lee YMCA: 604-689-9622
Tong Louie Family YMCA: 604-575-9622
Chilliwack YMCA: 604-792-3371