Everyone experiences worries and anxiety at some point in their lives—the key is to learn how to make sure it doesn’t stand in the way of doing things that you care about. That’s why the YMCA has created the Youth Mindfulness Group, a support group dedicated to helping youth who experience anxiety learn healthy coping skills and develop strong support networks.
The YMCA Youth Mindfulness Group meets weekly in a safe, supportive and friendly environment. To help guide the program, a registered counsellor works with peer youth support workers to:
- Deliver Educational workshops about anxiety and other mental health related topics
- Practice mindfulness techniques during workshops
- Provide take-home resources to help manage anxiety in between weekly meetings
- Create a supportive, group environment to connect with other peers
- Provide a six week YMCA membership to encourage youth to manage their anxiety through physical activity
To learn more about how you can donate to support the YMCA Youth Mindfulness Group please contact us at email@example.com