The YMCA Experience Works program is a FREE six week employment readiness program with follow-up support for individuals 45+. The program provides the training and support necessary for job seekers to gain the confidence, skills and experience needed to secure and maintain employment.
- Learn effective attitudes and approaches to optimize your career prospects
- Build professional momentum and find work to meet your needs and lifestyle
- Utilize proven job search skills and strategies to achieve your professional goals
- Participate in group workshops on topics such as resumes, job search, interviews, communication strategies, goal setting and basic computer skills
- Receive one-on-one support with experienced career advisors for your individual job placement needs
- Connect with fellow job seekers to create a network of support and community
- Have access to funding for short term skills training and certifications
To participate in the program, you must be:
- Over the age of 45
- Eligible to work in BC
- A resident of Vancouver, North Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, Coquitlam, Richmond, Surrey or Delta
- Unemployed or underemployed working less than 20 hours/week
- Not attending school
Are you an employer looking for experienced and skilled employees?
We are also seeking employers interested in wage subsidies to provide work placements for participants. In addition to creating diversity in the workplace, we help employers recruit and screen candidates, cover training costs required of many positions and offer exclusive access to experienced job seekers. Grow your organization with our experienced participants!
How do I apply to the YMCA Experience Works Program?
- Contact Christina Liu at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-685-8066
- Print and complete an application form (click here to download)
- Attend a required information session for the program
Enhancing your health while living with a heart condition or cardiovascular disease is much easier with a little help. Healthy Heart is a community-based cardiac prevention, rehabilitation and...
Dream about starting your own business? Success is much greater if you have the right knowledge, tools and resources. The Self Employment program is designed to help Canadians start up small...