Dream about starting your own business? Success is much greater if you have the right knowledge, tools and resources. The Self Employment program is designed to help Canadians start up small businesses through training, financial support and connecting you to the networks and agencies needed to succeed. In conjunction with the new Employment Program of BC and the YWCA, this program provides essential services to help people who are ready to turn a great business idea into successful self-employment.
The program runs for up to 48 weeks and concentrates on:
- Business plan development
- Entrepreneurial workshops
- Coaching and mentoring
- Business launch and implementation coaching and support
- Business advising
- Networking opportunities
Get the right knowledge, tools and resources to start your own business today!
Follow these simple steps to determine program eligibility:
Find your local WorkBC Employment Service Centre based on your home address.
*Please note that the YMCA Self Employment programs provides services for participants who receive support from the following WorkBC Employment Service Centre locations only.
- WorkBC Centre Vancouver - Burrard – 900-1200 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC V6Z 2C7 (604-334-6372)
- WorkBC Centre Vancouver - West Pender – Unit 200-250 West Pender Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 1S9 (604-334-6372)
- Work BC Centre - East Hastings – 134 East Hastings St. V6A 1N4 604-334-6372
- WorkBC Centre Vancouver - Commercial - 312-2555 Commercial Drive, Vancouver, BC V5N 4C1 (604-708-9300)
- WorkBC Centre Vancouver - East 3rd – 110 East 3rd Ave, Vancouver, BC V5T 1C8 (604-829-2300)
- WorkBC Vancouver - West Broadway – 300 - 2150 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC V6K 4L9 (604-688-4666)
- WorkBC Centre - Vancouver - Cambie - Ground Floor, 7575 Cambie Street, Vancouver V6P 3H6 (604-263-5005)
- WorkBC Centre - North Vancouver – 106 - 980 1st St W, North Vancouver, BC V7P 3N4, North Vancouver (604-988-3766)
- WorkBC Centre Burnaby – Brentwood – 101 – 3999 Henning Drive, Burnaby BC V5C 6P9 (778-357-04458)
- WorkBC Centre Burnaby -Edmonds – 7297 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC, V5E 1G5 (604-636-1124)
- WorkBC Centre Burnaby -Metrotown – 601-4211 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC, V5H 1Z6 (778-357-0566)
- WorkBC Employment Services Centre Surrey – Guildford – 202-10334 152 A Street, Surrey, BC V3R 7P8 (604-580-9740)
- WorkBC Services Centre Surrey - Whalley – 160,210,300 – 10362 King George Blvd, Surrey, BC V3T 2W5 (604-584-0003)
- WorkBC Services Centre Surrey - Newton – Units 110, 240-7525 King George Boulevard, Surrey, BC V3W 5A8 (778-728-0175)
- WorkBC Centre - Surrey 56 – Unit 202-17700 – 56 Avenue, Surrey, BC V3S 1C7 (778-547-5020)
- WorkBC Centre Surrey 152 St – 108-1688 152 Street, Surrey, BC V4A 4N2 (604-531-3331)
- WorkBC Centre Delta 88th – 11861-88th Avenue, Delta, BC V4C 3C6 (604-591-9116)
- WorkBC Centre Delta – 4899 Delta St., Delta, BC V4K 2T9 ( 604-946-0342)
- WorkBC Centre Coquitlam – 221-3030 Lincoln Avenue, Coquitlam, BC V3B 6B4 (778-730-0174)
- WorkBC Centre Port Coquitlam – 206-2540 Shaughnessy Street, Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 3W4 (778-730-0171)
- WorkBC Centre Port Moody – 301-130 Brew Street, Port Moody, BC, V3H 0E3 (604-917-0286)
- WorkBC Centre Squamish – 302-37989 Cleveland Ave, Squamish, BC V8B 0S8 (604-815-4550)
- WorkBC Employment Services Center - Sechelt - 5674 Cowrie St, Sechelt (604-885-3351)
Make an appointment with an Employment Counsellor at your local centre to determine eligibility. If you are eligible, your Employment Counsellor will sign you up for a mandatory Self Employment Orientation and Assessment Workshop (offered monthly). Further Information, session dates and application forms will be provided at the time of orientation.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or for Vancouver inquiries, call 604-685-8066 or for Vancouver inquiries, call 604-685-8066.
The YMCA Experience Works program is a FREE six week employment readiness program with follow-up support for individuals 45+. The program provides the training and support necessary for job seekers...
The YMCA Youth BEAT program supports youth with mental health barriers to Breakthrough to Employment And Training. The program also helps youth gain confidence in kick-starting their careers. This...