YMCA Cleaning & Janitorial Services Training Program is a FREE effective and comprehensive job readiness program that helps participants gain the confidence, skills and experience needed to kick-start a career in the light cleaning and janitorial industries. This 6-week program offers employability and computer skills, employment counselling, job development and placement support, and industry certification, followed by 12 weeks of job developer support.
Participants benefit from:
- Industry related training provided through a PlanetClean Building Services Worker Training program
- WHMIS certification, workplace safety and first aid
- Employability workshops including resume writing, cover letter building and job interview skills
- Computer skills training (Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Life skills training including conflict resolution, team building skills and intercultural communication
- Job search skills, employment counselling, mentoring and coaching
- On-going one-on-one support with a YMCA job developer, job referrals and group networking sessions
- A free YMCA gym membership for the duration of the program!
To participate in the program, you must be:
- 15 years or older
- Eligible to work in BC
- A resident of the Greater Vancouver area
- Unemployed/underemployed or employed low skilled
- Not eligible for Employment Insurance benefits
- Not currently enrolled in high school or taking post-secondary courses
- A Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
Are you an employer looking for experienced and skilled employees?
We help employers recruit and screen candidates, cover training costs required of many positions and offer exclusive access to experienced job seekers.
For more information, please contact 604-685-8066 or email@example.com.
The YMCA Experience Works program is a FREE six week employment readiness program with follow-up support for individuals 45+. The program provides the training and support necessary for job seekers...
Dream about starting your own business? Success is much greater if you have the right knowledge, tools and resources. The Self Employment program is designed to help Canadians start up small...
Looking for a job but need a bit of support to get you there? Youth Skills at Work provides job readiness training and valuable work experience to youth and support to employers through the hiring...