Ages 19 to 30
Imagine what a group of young, motivated peacemakers from all around the world could accomplish in three months? The Youth Peace Network program brings youth together from all corners of the globe to help create global awareness and understanding of other cultures, and to build peace.
Youth converge in Vancouver for a summer dedicated to developing leadership, intercultural communication and conflict resolution skills. Youth foster regional and international networks and spend the majority of the summer volunteering at YMCA Camp Elphinstone facilitating global activities with campers.
To participate in the program, applicants must be:
- Volunteers, staff or members from a YMCA outside of Canada
- Committed to creating a more peaceful and just world
- Motivated, responsible and adaptable
- Interested in developing leadership and character skills
- Experienced and interested in working with children, youth or community groups
- Between 19 and 30 years old
- Able to understand and speak English (no translation is provided during the program)
Participants are expected to apply their learning within their own YMCA and home communities by developing a concrete action plan for use upon return to their respective countries. Exchange is a significant part of the program—by sharing traditions, arts and information about the development challenges of their own communities and societies, participants help Canadian youth and families better understand the world and become more effective global citizens.
To learn more, contact email@example.com or 604-673-6151.
We believe that our impact in the community extends beyond our borders—we’re a part of the global community of YMCAs in over 120 countries worldwide. Since 2004, the YMCA of Greater...
Do you work or volunteer with a group of young people who like to travel, learn, and explore? The Youth Exchanges Canada program may be right for your group! Groups of teens ages 12 to 17 are matched...