- Type of Position:
- Placement Date:
Seeking volunteers to support with the delivery of TIME™, a group-based exercise program designed for individuals, with chronic health conditions.
TIME™ (Together in Movement and Exercise) is an evidence-based physical activity program designed for those who experience challenges with balance and mobility. This 12-week group-based program focuses on task-related movements to support individuals with stroke, multiple sclerosis, advanced age, or brain injuries, to remain active, healthy and independent. Each TIME™ class is delivered by two certified instructors.
Chilliwack Family YMCA
TIME™ at the Chilliwack Family YMCA is delivered in partnership with the Fraser Health Authority.
TIME™ classes run on Wednesdays & Fridays from 2:45 pm to 4:15 pm
Langara Family YMCA
TIME™ at the Langara Family YMCA is delivered in partnership with Vancouver Coastal Health.
TIME™ classes run on Wednesdays & Fridays from 1:45 pm - 3:15pm.
Robert Lee YMCA
TIME™ at the Robert Lee YMCA is delivered in partnership with Vancouver Coastal Health.
TIME™ classes run on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:15 pm - 2:45pm.
Tong Louie Family YMCA
TIME™ at the Tong Louie Family YMCA is delivered in partnership with the Fraser Health Authority.
TIME™ classes run on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:45 am - 1:15 pm.
Volunteers assist TIME™ instructors with delivery of the program by:
- Helping ensure that participants understand and follow instructions
- Helping ensure participant safety
- Assisting with setup and takedown of TIME™ circuit equipment
- Providing support and encouragement to participants
- Providing general assistance to TIME™ instructors as needed
- Interest or experience working with older adults and people living with chronic health conditions
- Basic understanding of the challenges experienced by those recovering from stroke
- Ability to commit for a minimum of 3-6 months
- Education in Kinesiology/Sport Science or related field preferred
- First Aid/CPR certification is an asset
Demonstrate the YMCA core values:
- Do the right thing
- Put people first
- Lead by example
- Keep our promises
Our Commitment to the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults
The YMCA is committed to the protection of children in our care and vulnerable adults participating in our programs. To ensure this commitment is upheld, all volunteers will need to provide:
- A current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than six (6) months preceding your start date
- Three references (two of these should be professional references)
Danny Li, Manager, Chronic Disease Programs