- Type of Position:
- Placement Date:
The YMCA is a powerful association of men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life joined together by a shared passion: to strengthen the foundations of community. With a commitment to help vulnerable children and families, promote healthy living and reduce isolation, the YMCA ensures that every individual has access to the essentials needed to learn, grow and thrive. With more than 170 locations across the Lower Mainland, the Y has the long-standing relationships and the physical presence not just to promise, but to deliver, lasting personal and social change.
Though the world may be unpredictable, one thing remains certain - the YMCA is, and always will be, dedicated to building healthy, confident, secure and connected children and youth, families and communities.
The Sports Leagues Vancouver Volunteer will assist program staff with delivering after-school sports programming at Local elementary schools and YMCA's in Vancouver. Volunteers should have a reasonable level of knowledge in different sports and the ability to have fun while working with children.
- Strengthen leadership and organizational skills
- Gain experience coaching and leading sports, emphasizing on teamwork and sportsmanship
- Promote a healthy lifestyle for youth
- Gain valuable experience interacting with other YMCA leaders and community groups
- Gain valuable experience working with children and youth
- Giving back to the community and having fun!
- Interest in working with children and youth
- Basic knowledge of different sports
- Work with minimal supervision while co-operating with staff and other volunteers
- Completion of volunteer documentation and Criminal Records Check
- First Aid and Coaching Certification an asset
- Demonstrate the YMCA Core Values:
- Do the right thing
- Put people first
- Lead by example
- Keep our promises
- Commitment to Organization Vision and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values of the YMCA
- Relationship Building / Collaboration: Builds positive interactions both internally and externally to achieve organization's goals
- Teamwork: Ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal collective results
- Creativity and Innovation: Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to help us achieve desired results
Our Commitment to the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults
The YMCA is committed to the protection of children in our care and vulnerable adults participating in our programs. To ensure this commitment is upheld, all volunteers will need to provide:
- A current and satisfactory Criminal Records Check / Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than six months preceding your start date
- Three references (two of these should be professional references)
Alex Ngai - Supervisor, Youth Sports and Recreation - Healthy Child Development
Please email resume to: email@example.com