- Tong Louie YMCA 14988 57 Ave Surrey
- Type of Position:
- Job Level:
- Placement Date:
- End Date:
What is YLD: Youth Leadership Development Program helps youth 10-18 get to know themselves better, become a skilled leader and interact with a variety of people. Plus, make friends for life and have fun. Activities include team building, social events, volunteer opportunities, fundraising, training, special events and a youth conference weekend.
Elgibility requirements for the Council: 12-18 years old (Note: Cannot turn 19 while in this position)
Where the meetings will be held: Tong Louie Family YMCA (14988 57 Ave Surrey, BC)
When will the meetings be held: Tuesday's and Thursday's during the month of July 2019 from 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm. Plus one meeting per month from September 2019 to June 2020.
- Bus passes provided
- Snacks provided at meetings
- Free YMCA rec pass while on the council
- volunteer hours for school
Email Bobbi Terrell - firstname.lastname@example.org responding to the following questions. Please share only what you feel comfortable:
- Describe yourself? What age are you? (the council will consist of 2-4 representatives from each age category 12-18)
- What are you passionate about? (Homelessness, leadership, global warming, truth and reconciliation, health and wellness, etc.)
- What is the biggest issue facing youth today?
- Share a time you overcame adversity?
- How do you see yourself contributing to this council?
Our Commitment to the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults
The YMCA is committed to the protection of children in our care and vulnerable adults participating in our programs. To ensure this commitment is upheld, all volunteers will need to provide:
- A current and satisfactory Criminal Records Check/Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than six (6) months preceding your start date
- Three references (two of these should be professional references)
Bobbi Terrell, Manager Youth Programs - Alternative Suspension, Plus One, and YLD