- Champlain Heights Elementary School, Vancouver BC
- Type of Position:
- Placement Date:
- End Date:
The 2019 summer program for kids with Developmental Coordination disorder (DCD) will offer participants a chance to engage in a group therapy program specificaly designed for children with DCD. Up to 20 children, ages 8-11 will be enrolled in the 2 week day-camp. The curriculum of the program will include lots of opportunities to have open discussions about DCD - what it is, how it affects children with the condition and how to manage many different aspects of DCD.
Participants will also work on developing strategies to imporve their ability to learn new motor skills, and determine which type of activities are better suited to children with DCD.
What we are looking for:
- Interest in Rehab Science
- Wants to work with kids
- Positive attitude, we can make any situation better!
- Passion, we are passionate about delivering the best service to our campers and families
- Motivated, teams work better than individuals
- Flexible because if you don't bend, you'll break!
- Energetic, you'll need to keep up with the kids
- Calm, cool and collected
- Facilitate activities and build relationships with campers
- Engage with campers and have fun while role modelling positive behaviors
- Ensure all children are supervised and safe at all times
- Read, understand and follow all YMCA policies and procedures
- Behave in a professional manner
- Experience working with children ages 8 - 11 years
- Preference will be given to individuals familiar with Developmental Coordination disorder (DCD) such as experience in physiotherapy and or occupational therapy
- Current Emergency First Aid and CPR-C & AED certificate an asset
- Available to work full-time hours for entire contract (some exceptions may be made)
Please forward your resume and cover letter to Pam Chater at email@example.com